Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Deep Creek Journal - Day 1 -entry 2

So the kids took off in Walmart and took off straight for a section they weren't suppose to be going to. I chased them. "We are not buying electronics! I said to grab a 12 pack of soda you want to drink." I hate it when the kids look at you like you have two heads. I'm not speaking chinese, I swear. So we all take off to grab the soda's. Three hundred dollars later, we are back on the road. We really didn't have that much further to go. The kids were really starting to get on my nerves though. I found myself saying to myself over and over in my head. "Are we flipping there yet?" As I am quietly freaking out in my mind, thinking about how I much I wanted to freak out outloud for the whole world to hear, I actually did freak out. "OH MY GOD! PAT, I TOTALLY FORGOT CLAIR'S GIFT!" This was seriously, the whole reason for the stop in the first place. Then the kids distracted me from the true task at hand. Pat was pissed. I was pissed. What the hell do we do now. It is her birthday. As we go closer to the cabin Pat saw this little po dunk store in the middle of nowhere. I just rolled my eyes and thought "yeah right", what a waste of time. When we walked in, I couldn't believe what I saw.
A whole isle of things for little girls! Score! We loaded up with everything we could find and we were on our way.
Finally at the cabin, we unloaded and settled in. The kids gave tours to all there friends and hung out. The kids went fishing and Pat settled in with his booz. I was glad to finally be at our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment