Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Deep Creek Journal - Day 1- boat drop

Within an hour of being at the cabin, Pat and Sean decided they wanted to drop the boat. This was a lot of firsts for Sean, towing our boat to Deep Creek, and now, launching the boat. Both are not easy things to do. And, when you are in the mountains on small roads, it becomes a little trickier. Pat and Sean go to move the trailer and spend about 45 minutes getting it out of the driveway. Sean parked the boat in a very odd spot. How he even got it in this spot in the first place is a small miracle. Anyway, we finally head out. Sean set his GPS for a gas station so we could fill up before launching on the lake. We drive and drive. According to the GPS, we have about 500 yards to go. As we get closer, I am thinking, "There is no way there is a gas station up ahead. We are in the middle of nowhere." I don't say anything, because I already have a bad rap for being opinionated and always right. When I start asking questions that question the situation, I am looked at as bitchy. So, I just bite my tongue. Biting my tongue is not an easy thing to do. We come to the end of the 500 yards and all there is is grass. So we turn around and just decide to go to the park and drop the boat.

At the park, Sean goes to back up the boat. This is not an easy task your first time. Pat and I actually have two separate ways to back up a trailer. I believe my way is the best way obviously and Pat thinks that I'm an idiot and the best way is his way. Whatever, I really don't give a damn as long as the job gets done. So there is a lot of maneuvering on Sean's part, but he finally gets the boat launched and we get in and take off. As Pat and I leave for the dock, I ask him if he knows where he is going and he says yes. Well that makes me feel better because this is a pretty big lake. You can't really see a lot of houses from the shore and everything looks the same.

The more we drive, the more I realize that Pat really doesn't have a clue. He just said he did, so I didn't start riding his ass hard about asking someone. Of course, I get annoyed and start questioning Pat for his lousy choices. I know this is probably annoying for him, but he annoys me as well. We are both first borns. This horn locking is going to happen. Sometimes you wish it didn't happen so often as it does. Oh well. "Oh my god, isn't that the neighbor's flag Pat?" How I saw that needle in a haystack, I have no clue. Pat can live to see another day. Crises averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment