Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Suburban

Tuesday started out just like any other morning. Clock goes off at 6:06 and the morning school ritual started. No drama! I can't believe it! It's only been two days though. The only thing different about tuesday is that I had a hockey game. That usually takes a big bite out of the day for me. And, I started back at the gym. That always stinks after not going the month of December. I am paying the price today! Spinning always kills me. I feel like I'm wearing my butt on my back this morning and my legs feel as hard as a rock. I was suppose to do Kickboxing this morning but I am just to exhausted, not from spinning, but getting home late from the game. Bed time for me is usually between 9-10p.m. I got home last night around 11:30p.m. Then it usually takes a while to wind down. So I probably got to sleep around 12-12:30. At 4a.m the worst noise you could ever hear woke me up, Pat's alarm clock. YIKES!!!!!!! He was up and off to go bird hunting. All I can say is don't bring anything dead home with you. I don't eat wild game. It grosses me out. I could never really get to sleep after that. I was in and out. I was finally asleep when my alarm went off at 6:06am. I did something I usually don't do. I hit the sleep. Regan came in and told me she was going downstairs. That means I have about 5 min before we go to meet the bus. I few minutes later I woke up to see I had slept for more than 5 minutes. Damn, we are going to miss the bus. That really puts a kink in things if Regan misses the bus. It starts a chain reaction of bad events. With Pat not here to drive her, it's especially worse. I jumped up ran downstairs and to my complete surprise, she was already gone. Now I felt bad. It's about 2 degrees out. I guess I should drive up to the stop so she can sit in the car. Well, she wasn't there! I knew she was probably in someone elses car, but your heart still jumps in your throat at the thought. She was in the Pitt's car. (sigh of relief) Everyone would rather be sitting in the Pitt's car. It's a brand new Escalade. My Suburban is as old as Regan(12)and smells like a dirty sock, which by the way is not my fault. I drove my dad to the game last night and he went on and on about how the car stunk. I have 3 kids that play sports. The car is bound to stink. What made it even worse is we got to the Hockey game and when I got in the cage(that is the area the players park), I had to park this huge monstrousity. There was a black escalade in the back corner of the garage and I thought it was Jeff Shultz's car. So I parked my hunk of junk right in front of his. Well is wasn't Shultzy car, it was one of the Wizards. As I turned the car off, he walked up to me and asked me if I could pull forward so he could get out. I'm thinking no problem. I go to restart the car and it took about 10 seconds to turn over. HOW EMBARRASSING! At this time, the Caps players were starting to arrive in their $300,000+ vehicles. Here I am in my dirty, stinky, scratched up, wires hanging out of the hitch, door squeaking, bald tire, vehicle, with a wizard player standing there worried as hell he's not getting out. He gave out a chuckle when the Suburban finally started. The whole night dad was asking everyone if they had a pair of jumper cables for after the game, just in case the suburban wouldn't start. The sad thing is I usually carry around a pair of jumper cables in the car for that reason. It's pretty sad when you have to say a little prayer that the car starts before you try to turn her on. After the game, as dad and I were making our way to the cage to leave, I asked him if he brought his walking shoes in case the car didn't start. He started to laugh, but it was a nervous laughter, like what I was saying could be a reality. I got in the car and said a little prayer and turned the key. It started!

No comments:

Post a Comment