Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

Thank God school starts tomorrow! My break starts tomorrow when all kids are loaded on the bus to go to school. Who can keep up with the trail of crap the kids leave around. The dishes are never ending. The laundry keeps piling up and the arguing and grab-assing increases. To top is all off, the husband has been home too. He didn't just take off a day or two, he been off the whole time as well. His scrutinizing eye is on me all the time. If I lounge around, he thinks that's what I do everyday. I WISH! All I can say is give me a break! I love it when I get a commission check that comes to more than he makes in one month. I have to laugh to myself. Trust me, this doesn't happen very often. Pat is a V.P. in an office solution company. I will never make what he makes in a year, but on a rare occasion I can make more than he can on a month to month basis. The only reason this makes me happy is because somehow this sort of validates my occasional laziness. I earned the option to lay around or put the laundry off to another day. We are both the oldest in our families so we both tend to take on the leadership role. We tend to lock horns a lot but at the end of the day we are good negotiators. We always find a compromise.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland P. Looking forward to reading about your life since we just can't seem to get together these days. - J

    ReplyDelete