Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010 Back to School and Back to Business

The alarm went off at 6:06 and the mad dash began. Regan was up and all ready to go. It doesn't take much time for me. I just throw on my Uggs, robe and a warm jacket over top and I am ready. We were out the door at 6:30 heading to the bus stop with no drama to start the day. It is freezing outside! The whole time at the bus stop, all I can think about is if Connor is up getting ready for school. By the time I get home, he needs to be dressed and ready to roll out the door. When I walked in the house, he was eating breakfast and ready to go. What a suprise! I am thinking to myself, he is trying to make up for losing his second retainer. I am still mad about that. Connor and I ran out the door to go to the bus stop. I have to drive him about 8 miles down the road. It is always the most stressfull time in the morning. If we miss the bus, the next stop is about 13 miles away and I have to drive like a bat out of hell to get there. If I miss that stop, I have to take him to school which is about another 22 miles. We made the bus today. Now it's back to get Ian off. He was ready to go too! Life is good this morning. That means we are all off to a good start.
It's a double edged sword for me when school starts back up. On the one hand I get a break and on the other I work twice as hard. The break is a wonderful calm that fills the day from 8-3:05. Craziness usually begins around 3:08 when Regan walks through the door. From her point of view, the sky is always falling. Just about the time she is heading into a full break down, I have to leave to go pick up Connor at the bus stop. As I head down the road, the only thought I have is how I am going to tune him out once he gets in the car. If I have to hear one more complaint about going to private school, I may lose it. I usually do lose it before the ride is over. He baits and hooks me everytime. I can't help it. I am just to opinionated. All I keep telling myself is he will appreciate this later. Somewhere between the time I pick up Connor and head home, Ian, my youngest is walking through the door from school. As Connor and I reach the driveway, usually still in an arguement, I run for the door making sure everyone is doing homework. Because I have to head out the door in about two hours to take Ian to Wrestling Practice, I am frantically trying to make sure all homework and questions needed to be asked of me are done before I leave.
If the kids aren't done by the time I need to leave, they know the window of opportunity is closed. They have to work with their dad when he gets home and that is not a good thing. The funny thing is, Pat likes to help with homework. But, he is usually just as confused by it as they are. The kids know its hit or miss if dad can help them or not. If dad can't help them, they have to come to me after I get home from practice and that is never a good idea. "Me time" starts at 8p.m. I am off the clock! As far as I'm concerned, everyone should be off the clock by 8p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment