Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We are Moving!

Imagine having older, unappreciative, spoiled, non-conforming, lazy-azz kids. You have the picture in your head? Well, that is my life. On a good note, my kids aren't drug addicts, sex addicts, dangerous to others, misbehaved around others, or dumb-azzes as far as school goes. That I guess I can be grateful for, but the other 50% is annoying as hell. Furthermore, I know this is typical of their ages. Even though this is true, it's old. NO MORE EXCUSES!

I hate, hate, hate, telling my kids more than once to do something or to stop doing something. My favorite line in the house that all three of the kids use is "NOT ME. I DIDN'T DO IT." That's funny because you and I are the only ones here and I sure as hell didn't do it. To this they just smile and realize I am no dummy. Seriously, do they really think I fell off of some turnip truck? Some of my favorite lines I use are "I AM NOT YOUR DAMN MAID. ----"AM I SPEAKING CHINESE BECAUSE I SWEAR I JUST TOLD YOU TO DO SOMETHING AND I AM PRETTY SURE I WAS SPEAKING IN ENGLISH?-----HERE, LET ME PULL IT OUT OF MY ASS FOR YOU, HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW WHERE YOU PUT YOUR THINGS.-----and my favorite "OH MY GOD, EVEN STEVIE WONDER CAN SEE THAT."

As much as I yell, you have to have some comic relief in there for everyone. And even thought the kids find me annoying as much as I find them annoying, they do find something funny in these lines. But, the last line I used on them, they didn't find funny at all. After a while you have to find new tactics to get what you want done. "WE ARE MOVING". They didn't like this one little bit. " If you want to treat a million dollar home like this, I will sell it to someone who will appreciate it." They saw me looking at homes the other day and asked what I was doing. I said I was just looking, I always look to see what is out there. Do you think they could have put two and two together. I am a real estate agent you know, and I do have a few clients right now. They thought I was looking for me. LOL! So I used it against them later. I told them I was running errands and I would be back in a couple of hours. I wanted everything in tip top shape when I got back. They have been so lazy over the summer. To get them to anything is a struggle. The house has gone to shit since they have been home. I can't keep up so I finally had it out with them. I guess they didn't like the idea of changing schools and meeting new friends. So when I got home, It was spic and span. Its only been two days but they are definitely on their toes more so than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment